Articles on this Page
- 10/01/17--04:45: _3D print a serial-f...
- 10/01/17--05:00: _Airline plans to us...
- 10/01/17--05:00: _Settling the debate...
- 10/01/17--06:00: _EFF: Stupid patents...
- 10/01/17--07:00: _DNA from old skelet...
- 10/02/17--03:00: _Java debugging come...
- 10/02/17--03:00: _Cornerstone OnDeman...
- 10/02/17--03:00: _Supreme Court’s new...
- 10/02/17--03:40: _UK lotto players qu...
- 10/02/17--05:29: _Delivering On Its D...
- 10/02/17--08:34: _T-Mobile agrees to ...
- 10/02/17--11:04: _At $50 a barrel, bi...
- 10/02/17--11:35: _Nobel Prize goes to...
- 10/02/17--12:38: _Dnsmasq and the sev...
- 10/02/17--12:45: _A series of delays ...
- 10/02/17--13:10: _Google admits citin...
- 10/02/17--13:44: _HPE coughed up sour...
- 10/03/17--05:55: _Here’s the “due dil...
- 10/03/17--06:00: _Oracle joins the se...
- 10/03/17--06:06: _Schrems busts Priva...
- 10/01/17--05:00: Settling the debate: What makes a “core” Mario game?
- 10/01/17--06:00: EFF: Stupid patents are dragging down AI and machine learning
- 10/02/17--03:00: Java debugging comes to Visual Studio Code
- 10/02/17--03:40: UK lotto players quids in: Website knocked offline by DDoS attack
- 10/02/17--12:38: Dnsmasq and the seven flaws: Patch these nasty remote-control holes
- 10/02/17--12:45: A series of delays and major errors led to massive Equifax breach
- 10/02/17--13:10: Google admits citing 4chan to spread fake Vegas shooter news
- 10/02/17--13:44: HPE coughed up source code for Pentagon’s IT defenses to … Russia
- 10/03/17--06:00: Oracle joins the serverless fray with Fn
- 10/03/17--06:06: Schrems busts Privacy Shield wide open
Refinements in hardware and software allow the tiny CNC mill to create pistols.
Startups plan to make hybrid airplanes, and eventually purely electric ones.
And what does the argument say about how we define and value games in general?
"The patent reads like the table of contents of an intro to AI textbook."
There are a lot of caveats, but a Stone Age genome makes humanity look old.
Microsoft has released a Java debugger for its free open source editor, Visual Studio Code.
The newly minted extension is intended to work as a companion to the Language Support for Java extension provided by Red Hat. Whereasnbsp;Red Hatrsquo;s Language Support for Java extension providesnbsp;IntelliSense capabilities and Java project support, it does not include debugging capabilities. Microsoftrsquo;s Java Debug Extension works with previous Red Hatrsquo;s extension to provide them.
Still in a preview mode, the Java Debug Extension offers capabilities including launch/attach, breakpoints, control flow, data inspection, and a debug console.
The Microsoft and Red Hat extensions are available separately or in the Java Extension Pack, which bundles both together in a single install. Microsoftrsquo;s plans call for enabling a modern workflow for Java, with more features and extensions planned going forward.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here
New subscription content offering will be available this month and will feature more content partners and European language offerings to support multi-national clientsLONDON – 2 Oct. 2017 – Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning and human capital management software, today announced that its new subscription content offering, Cornerstone Content Anytime, will be available for Cornerstone clients in the U.S. and across EMEA starting this month.
Additionally, Cornerstone has expanded its content... Source: RealWire
"The Court is now sitting"—with 100% more Gorsuch and plenty of tech questions ahead.
It could be you* The UK National Lottery has apologised for a website outage that left money in their pockets of punters unable to play games on Saturday evening.…
Luxembourg, 2 October 2017 – As announced at its Digital Days on 15 June, OneLife, the Luxembourg-based specialist in life assurance, has launched the latest innovation in the company's digital transformation plan.
Employees at OneLife can now manage all their learning and development needs using a single online learning platform, LinkedIn Learning. OneLifersquo;s Digital Days in June, a two-day voyage of discovery and training in digital technologies for employees, are becoming reality. LinkedIn Learning was... Source: RealWire
Verizon wins ruling as T-Mobile's use of crowdsourced speed tests is criticized.
Without tax subsidies, 6 billion tonnes of CO2 could be avoided.
A complex web of interactions keeps our internal clocks stable but lets them shift.
Linux, Android, IoT, you name it, they'll need updates if you use this open-source tool Google security engineers have spotted not one, not two, but seven serious flaws in Dnsmasq, a fairly widely used DNS forwarder and DHCP server.…
Former CEOrsquo;s testimony to Congress reveals a shocking lack of security rigor.
4chan was, for some reason, counted among Google Newsrsquo; “authoritativerdquo; sources.
FSB buddies pinky-swore to let ArcSight know of any flaws discovered Hewlett Packard Enterprise handed over the source code for its ArcSight security platform to Russian investigators in exchange for being allowed to sell kit in the former Soviet Union.…
Otto's head of HR: "I'm gonna go get your stuff destroyed this afternoon btw."
With its open source Fn project, Oracle is looking to make a splash in serverless computing.Fn is a container native serverless platform that can be run on-premises or in the cloud.
It requires the use of Docker containers.
Fn developers will be able to write functions in Java initially, with Go, Ruby, Python, PHP, and Node.js support planned for later.
Applications can be built and run without users having to provision, scale, or manage servers, by using the cloud.[ A developerrsquo;s guide: Get started with serverless computing.
Then learnnbsp;how to use Microsoftrsquo;s Azure Functions and how to use AWS Lambda for serverless computing. | Build ’em now! 5 uses for serverless frameworks. ]Fn, as its name implies, relies heavily on functions, which are small blocks of code that generally do one simple thing.
In a function, developers focus just on just the task they want the function to perform.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here
Dublin Judge asks European Court to look at data flows all over again Privacy activist and student Max Schrems has hailed an Irish Court decision today to refer cross-Atlantic data flows back to the European Court of Justice - all over again.…